Friday, November 22, 2013

DEV - Ellie

DEV
For my overall concepts I choose quadratics, polynomials, and rational functions, along with finding domains. I choose these concepts because I believed that they showed a good variety of what we accomplished throughout the trimester. I also thought that these concepts all had multiple ways to go about them and ways to make them more difficult.  These problems provide a great overview of my mathematical understanding because I pushed myself really hard to create problems outside of my comfort zone. For example, on my second rational problem I did a slant asymptote. I had a vague understanding of how to do this going into the project but I further enhanced my understanding of it through actually doing one. This shows I have the tool set to go farther than just the basic concepts I am familiar with. Also, in the quadratic question I did my best to include an assortment of ideas, such as completing the square, the quadratic formula, checking the vertexes and sketching the graph. I think all of this shows I have a wide understanding of all of the ideas. In my polynomial function I went further than the standard problems by making it long divide twice and making the graph have a bounce. In the first rational problem, I showed a good understanding regarding the concept of adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and solving. I also included the domains of the problem which shows I have a good understanding of the rational unit and the first unit. In the last rational problem I showed I can factor by grouping, find all the necessary information to graph and that I am able to find the slant asymptote, which is a fairly new concept to me. I really enjoyed this project; I believe I learned a lot from it. It helped to clear up some of the ideas that were a little foggy in my mind. Also it helped me review for the final exam. This project was helpful to remember all of the concepts and how to successfully solve each problem. To conclude, I believe this project is a good representation of my math skill thus far and it helped me to review for the final exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment