Friday, November 15, 2013

D.E.V. Christian, Cori, Cody




Heres a link to our D.E.V.:
http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/thorntonchris91-1990341-dev-calc-project/


DEV project reflections
Cori:

    I chose to start my questions out with doing domain because I struggled with domain a lot at the beginning of the trimester. After I learned it I understood it quite well and felt like I could use a graph and an equation to find the domain. I also chose a farmer ted type problem because I struggled with those problems at first and now I feel like I can make them into bigger better problems. Choosing types of problems that were difficult at one point and being able to expand those problems is a good feeling. I enjoyed doing this project because it was fun working with other people. Our first day of this class we all sat by each other and worked well together and now we have created this project to show everything we have learned together.

Cody:

    I chose to do a long division problem and solving rational equation problem. The reason why I chose to do a long division problem was because at first I didn’t understand what to do when. The most important thing I learned in doing the long division problems was how critical it was due to the steps in order (divide, Distribute, Subtract, Drop). Secondly, why I chose to do a solving rational equation problem was if you don’t factor terms that are factorable, you create more work for yourself in the end finding the answer. Also, the problem takes time and each step has to be thought out carefully or you will add, subtract, divide, or multiply wrong and mess your final answer up.  Overall, the main reason in choosing the two problems was all on how difficult they were to me. In addition, the unit these problems were in was the units I struggled on in the begging and mastered by the end.  


Christian:

My reflection of this D.E.V. project is that it helped me and my group because we were making a presentation about how to do certain problems and showing people how to do them and what steps it takes to solve our questions. I picked factoring and grouping as one of my questions because it’s my favorite topic or unit in math and I knew I could make a medium to hard problem. My 2nd question was completing the square. I used completing the square because you need to know five to six steps to solve and equation where you need to complete the square. It’s a challenging process when theirs more exponents and numbers that don’t go in evenly. I enjoyed this project and it was fun and it was one that you really had to have a serious mind set for if you want to become a master in math.

No comments:

Post a Comment