Saturday, November 16, 2013

D.E.V. Project Tony

Problem #1. 


Factoring video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfJYaoPjbE8
Annotation-when factoring you must always factor out the GCF, and always determine number of terms. and depending on how many terms, you can figure out whether you need to use difference of squares, sum of cubes, difference of cubes, grouping, or even dividing.



Problem #2.




 Adding rationals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-s2KXJAAuM
Annotation-just like when you add fractions you have to find a greatest common factor for the bottom number. When you change the bottom you have to change the top. Once you have a GCF you just add straight across.



Problem #3.



Multiplying Rationals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E59L40iwbYY
Annotation-when multiplying rationals you must factor each individual function in both rationals, find the solutions that cancel, then simplify.



Problem #4. 



Solving rationals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klysJYSb_DA
Annotation-when solving rationals you must find GCF for all rationals. Then you must multiply the whole problem by it to cancel out the GCFs. Then you don't have rationals anymore, and you solve for x. Don't forget to check for extraneous solutions!



Problem #5. 



Graphing rationals video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndXhOKN6ks
Annotation-This is just an extra video to show how you would graph a rational with a hole and a VA and a HA . You must have a factored rational and a rational in standard form to find all the information to create this graph.


Reflection: When I started this project, I decided to choose problems that included a lot of factoring. It seems like no matter what we were doing in this class we could not have done it without factoring. I also chose to include some of the rationals unit in order to provide examples of how factoring is so important when dealing with complex equations. These problems provide an overview of my best mathematical understanding of what I have learned so far because it provides evidence that I can complete and explain in depth the processes on how to complete these types of problems. It shows that I don't just know how to do it, I know why I do the things I do while completing the problem. I know the purposes of these concepts. While doing this project, I learned that it is possible to overcome any obstacle if you try your best. I had a lot of trouble with coming up with problems that were considered "complex" and making them have an answer that works in the end. I also had trouble with technology with uploading and what not.  This project was definitely educationally valuable to me because it helped me see what it's like to be a teacher. It was fun explaining things and it makes me want to be a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work Tony! Thank you for all the hard work throughout the trimester!

    ReplyDelete