Friday, November 15, 2013

D.E.V. John Alex and Nathan

 It has sound jackson so make sure your speakers are on

Reflections Alex- Reflection: For this project, I decided that to create some complicated problems, I took some aspects of polynomial factoring in a lot of ways, 2 different types of rational problems, and also using the first unit we did which was finding domains. I chose these concepts, one because our group wanted to cover many aspects, so we chose a general idea for each person, but also because I knew I could combine them together and make them very difficult. I personally think it proves that I have a good understanding of this class. As a group, we somewhat worked together on the problems and helped eachother out but it was more of 2 per person ordeal. But by working together we helped each other better understand the units. I think this project, although very stressful at some points, really helped me understand the units to a new level. It gave me some practice which was extremely hard and helped me work through my mistakes, which there were a lot of. My main issue was that I kept on copying down the wrong number or mixing up + and -'s, causing stress upon me and hours of extra work. I do believe that it was educationally valuable though, even if I didn't necessarily enjoy doing it. I think that it is pretty well put together and I wouldn't change the structure of the project. I am glad to be done with project, but it certainly helped me in this class. Thank you for reading.

 Reflections Nathan- I chose those equations because they were the units i felt most comfortable with and I could teach them accurately. I tried to chose problems that arn't necessarily routine but are still understandable. Yes I learned what I am capable of and how to explain things in greater detail.

 Reflections John- I chose the problems that I did because those problems were my favorite to solve through the trimester and I thought that I would be able to teach them the best.These problems took a great effort to 'reverse engineer' so that I got the equation from the answer that I wanted. I chose not to use programs like wolfram alpha like others may have and chose to do it myself instead because i thought it would not be truly showcasing my understanding if i had. I learned that recording voices takes a lot of time and effort, and it is never better to work in a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment