Saturday, November 16, 2013

D.E.V. K&R

 
Well its finally all done. After 5 hours of making these problems (give or take), 4 hours of recording audio, 30 or less minutes of Rhiannon drawing the pictures (not the background that was off of Bing), and 27 hours of editing the audio, pictures, and putting it together in one.
 
If your having a hard time reading the problems try watching it on YouTube here is the link.

 
Rhiannon's Reflection

• Why did you choose the concepts you did to create your problem set?

The concepts we chose were varied.  I wanted to get a little bit of something from all of our units.  I tried to make the problems difficult as well, so I played on the harder aspects of the different units.

• How do these problems provide an overview of your best mathematical understanding of what you have learned so far?

I picked hard problems.  I wanted to show more work and effort explaining so that I look smart and show a better understanding of the problems.

• Did you learn anything from this assignment? Was it educationally valuable to you? (Be honest with this. If you got nothing out of this assignment then say that, but be specific about what you didn't like and offer a suggestion to improve it in the future.)

I think the assignment helped refresh the information from previous units while building upon the newer information.  For example, I had almost completely forgotten about inverses until one of the problems involved one.

Kristin's Reflection

• Why did you choose the concepts you did to create your problem set?

As Rhiannon said, we put a little bit of every unit into our concepts. I made the problems as hard as I could and combined problems from at least 2 units to make it a little more challenging.

• How do these problems provide an overview of your best mathematical understanding of what you have learned so far?

I picked problems that I had an average understanding of that were not that hard to solve. Once I did that I would add on to the problems making them longer and more difficult. By doing this I was able to show my understanding of the problems.

• Did you learn anything from this assignment? Was it educationally valuable to you? (Be honest with this. If you got nothing out of this assignment then say that, but be specific about what you didn't like and offer a suggestion to improve it in the future.)


I agree with Rhiannon, this project helped refresh my memory of the units we had which will really help with the exam coming up soon. Just like Rhiannon, I too had forgotten about inverses until we both looked at the problem that involved inverses and talked the steps out. I just want to say that she was really helpful during this project.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment