Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DEV - Andrew and Caleb


http://prezi.com/7jorpjyptrve/present/?auth_key=61hvnk3&follow=axm2pc_uwn-o

Andrew Reflection- This project took a while and was pretty stressful for me but I made it through it and I think it helped me a lot. Reverse engineering these problems helped me better grasp the concepts of the problems that I created. I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I would finally achieve the desired results from the problem I was trying to create. It also gives me a greater appreciation to what goes into the problems that I solve in class. I also liked the challenge of trying to make my problems as complicated as possible. The problems took a lot of brain power and time. It was sometimes hard to sit down and focus that much to create the desired problems. I tried many times before to create problems but until I reversed the process I would not get the right answers. I ended up using prezi to present my project. This was my first time ever creating a prezi and it is amazing how many options you have. I will definitely be using prezi again in other classes to present projects. I hope whoever views this project will clearly understand the process by which we got our answers and will also enjoy the presentation. Overall I believe I have a better understanding of the problems and the process by which they are solved.

Caleb’s Math Reflection: When I was doing the DEV it was pretty interesting how it actually had me visiting other units, and how much I forgot about the past. I actually relearned some of the old stuff I forgot, I revisited completing the square, rationales, and others. I thought it was great how we got to choose partners without Jackson’s approval, I think it saved a lot of people from having lower grades from other people slacking. During the project we had to go backwards from the answer to the question. I really liked how Andrew and I mixed up problems too, as he did a lot of complicated problems we did in the last couple units, and I revisited the older problems, it was just teamwork in action. I actually think the DEV project might have helped me more than the review, but that’s probably an exaggeration. But overall I think the DEV project helped me with reviewing the old stuff, promoted teamwork, and actually helped me get to know Andrew more.

No comments:

Post a Comment