Monday, November 18, 2013

DEV Project - Lindsey, Jorden, Megan

DEV Project on Youtube





Order of Problems in the video:


1. Completeing the square

2. Factoring w/ GCF

3. Long division

4. finding the inverse

5. polynomial graphing

6. Solving Rationals: (Division)



Reflections:



Lindsey's Reflection:



     This project was very difficult, but It really helped my understanding of this class. I thought making the problem's was the easiest part. I understand a lot more about how to solve the problems now that we broke them down and figured out how to make them.

    My group had 3 people so we ended up making 6 problems. I chose to make two of the problems that I struggled with in beginning. Which were the long division, and factoring problems. I tried to make the problems as complex as I could, and I used a greatest common factor in one because i feel as if that is one of the hardest concepts to remember.

    I did not learn anything new from this project, but I do believe this is an important project. Its always good to practice working in groups. I think every precalc class should have to do this project. It was an excellent review for the exam, because after everyone in my group made our problems, we all had to go over them and make sure they were correct, and if they were not correct then we would go through and figure out what went wrong.


Jorden's reflection:

I thought that this project challenged me to really think of problems that were complex and showed a deeper understanding.  Even after I did the problem many times I would still find things wrong with it doing it on the white board.  I really hate group projects but it was nice that we got to choose who we worked with it made it much better.  I think that we all participated and added something to the project to make it what it is!



Megan's Reflection:


Overall the DEV project went well. My group stayed organized throughout the whole process therefore we completed it on time. I liked this project specifically because I got to be the "teacher" when going over some of the problems, and teaching something to someone else always helps you understand it more. This project as a whole was just a huge help in reviewing over everything. I enjoyed it and the people I got to work with. I got so many good things out of it and so did my group. We worked well together and are satisfied with our final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment